The start of weeks can be rough. These beginnings do, after all, contain the infamous event of Mondays as well as two other days of the week. So, after spending three days working hard to fail with inspiration, Wednesday will be the time for pausing in this endeavor. Instead, we shall celebrate the little successes.
These are my little successes for this week:
1. I began volunteering at an Equine Therapy Center last week. I do what is known as sidewalking, meaning I walk beside a horse and, in conjunction with another sidewalker, we make sure the client does not fall off of the horse. Today was the first day I felt comfortable with my duties as a sidewalker and I did not spend the entire time thinking, “DON’T LET THE CLIENT FALL DON’T LET THE CLIENT FALL.”
2. I play the app game “King of Thieves,” which has surprising depth for an app game. While there are 80 single-player levels, most of the fun comes from its multiplayer mode. The multiplayer mode places you in dungeons of other King of Thieves players, and you steal gems from them in order to increase your loot. A couple of days ago, I stole a gem valued at 13,810 points, and it is now the most valuable gem I possess!
3. I finished reading a book in three days!
4. I am currently in the process of looking for a job, and I have had to do many things that I am not used to doing. For example, I do not enjoy talking to people on the phone, but I called back the place I most recently applied to in order to check up on my application. The world didn’t end when I did this!
5. My dogs, in an effort to procure treats from me, have been letting me know that they love me a lot. To communicate this, they have been sitting on my face when I am lying down on the couch. I have not suffocated yet! (I had to put a funny one in there….and yes, they have been getting treats)
Those are my middle-of-the-week celebrations. Leave a comment with your own middle-of-the-week celebrations so that we can all revel in our accomplishments together!